Sunday, April 5, 2015

If I Should Die Before I Wake Summary

I have just finished reading the book If I Should Die Before I Wake and enjoyed it! I found the book very descriptive. I really liked the back and forth dreams between Hilary and Chana. And I think the  the way the author expresses Hilary when whew was in a coma was amazing. "I can't see. It doesn't matter. I don't want to see, or hear. Im all alone here. Im so cold." This makes me feel what may be some people in a coma would feel. Like they feel useless or maybe even worthless. They want someone to hear them but can't.  Hilary keeps thinking if it wasn't for the motorcycle crash that caused her to be in a coma, she wouldn't have Chana's memories. If only she didn't go on that motorcycle.

This book made me think twice about consequences. Hilary was a neo-nazi. She hated Jews. Then after the accident, she got sent to a jewish hospital and had dreams about a jewish girl. She was now experiencing what Jews go through and all the pain and suffrage. I think the theme is that you should never judge another person because you probably wouldn't understand their beliefs, until you have walked a mile in their shoes. (Like how Hilary did in Chana's memories.).

1 comment:

  1. I like this theme, but where is your evidence? I think you need a little more to support this claim.

    ReplyDelete