Saturday, March 28, 2015

If I Should Die Before I Wake Summary

As I read more into my book, Chana (Hilary), was in a coma (long story short) after a terrible accident. She begins to have dreams of a Jewish girl named Chana who is fighting for her life in WWII. Her family as brutalized in the ghettos and the death camps in Poland. For those who are capable to survive in the ghettos, were sent to the death camp in Auschwitz. Hilary's father died when  she was 5 when his office burnt down.  That has been really hard on her which caused depression. She lived with her mom who she had nothing in common with. Hilary woke up once after dreaming about Chana and stops hating Jewish people because she now has experienced what they go through.

So far I could really picture the settings in my head and feel whatever Hilary is feeling. The author is using very good describing words. When the author is describing what the camps look like, I actually feel like i'm there. I just don't want to put the book down! I feel like i'm Hilary and having those dreams. If you really like mental pictures, this is the book for you!

2 comments:

  1. Where is the text evidence? Use a direct example from the text to prove that the author is very descriptive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is your text evidence? This is a great way to show that the author does use descriptive language. Prove your point!

    ReplyDelete